Guidance FOR WRITERS
Letting the Words Out
Is there a writer in you wanting to come out? How many times have you thought to yourself that you have a story to tell or something in your heart and spirit that you wanted to write? Did you follow through? Perhaps self-doubt crept in. Maybe you didn’t know where or how to begin. The idea of being a “writer” can seem overwhelming and intimidating. Jim understands these dynamics. After five published books, he has inspiration and insight to offer about writing – how and where to begin, how to develop a plan for completing a writing project, and most importantly, how to express in words what you are carrying in your heart.
For more information about the course,
CLICK HERE or register below.
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.”
~ Maya Angelou
I believe in the extraordinary power and beauty of a person’s self-expression. Who you are is life’s gift to you. Who you are is your gift to the world. That gift is opened and shared through self-expression. I am particularly committed to supporting people in being freely and fully self-expressed writers.
Maya Angelou wrote, “There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” Stephen King added, “Sometimes stories cry out to be told in such loud voices that you write them just to shut them up.” People have stories inside of them that are meant to be written. Sometimes that story is profoundly personal—like stories of heartache, loss, transformation, and liberation. Sometimes the story shows up in the form of a profound understanding or expertise in areas such as relationships, spirituality, healing, creativity and authentic living. Other times it’s a story we have a fire inside to tell, even if it’s not our story specifically except for the mark it made on us. Moreover, there are times when a story is born out of one’s imagination, where people and plots come alive and dance together in mysterious, enchanting, gripping ways that awaken, inspire, unlock, embolden, and make us look deeper.
My experience in supporting writers is creating a space, uniquely tailored to the needs of each writer, where they identify, access, and extend their authentic and distinct self through the written word to fulfill on their intention for writing; this includes partnering together to work in the following areas:
• Creating a statement of purpose for the writing project, and the essential parameters of fulfilling it.
• Exploring what it means for the writer to approach the project with integrity, expressing their authentic personality, thoughts, feelings, and experiences, as well as determining what it means to complete the project with integrity.
• Establishing a book structure that efficiently supports the intention of the writing project.
• Determining and incorporating self-care practices that nurture the inner life and creativity of the writer.
• Establishing a writing rhythm and schedule that supports the process of writing content; submitting content for input and feedback; and having interactions and discussions about it.
“Sometimes stories cry out to be told in such loud voices that you write them just to shut them up.”
~ Stephen King
If you are interested in writing a book or completing a significant writing project, you can schedule a writing guidance session through the booking forms below.